1 kg flour
1 package baking powder
1 teaspoon Soda
pinch of salt
3 cups olive Oil
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Orange juice
0.5 cup Cogniac
little orange zest
1 tablespoon crushed cloves
Whisk the olive oil with the sugar in a mixer until the mixture whitens. Add the cognac, the clove, orange zest, baking soda dissolved in orange juice.
2. Mix the flour with the baking powder and salt and add to mixture and stir until absorbed and it becomes a mass rather soft. Add some flour if needed to supplement.
3. Form the melomakarona in the oblong shape, like large dates.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees (fan heater). Allow to cool and deep in the syrop.
For the syrup will need:
1 cup sugar, 1 cup honey and 1 cup water.
1. Put them all together in a pan and boil for 5 minutesor so.
2. Dip the melomakarona for 2-3 minutes and then wrap with nut mixture.
Nut Mixture: Walnuts chopped fine, a little roasted sesame seeds and cinnamon fine.
<<< back to "Greek Recipes"
or next Christmas Recipe >>>